Home propane use is on the rise, but many home owners still aren’t sure if they need propane or a propane delivery service. You might be surprised. Here are four reasons propane might be the right fuel for you:
1. If your home is remote – Whether your vacation house, cottage, hunting cabin or year-round home is in a rural area, you may find that it is impossible or extremely expensive to have utilities installed to provide conventional heat. For houses you use for only part of the year, using gas and electric utilities can be a waste of money, as you have to pay a monthly fee even in the months you are not using them. Propane solves those problems by allowing you to easily provide heat and power without having any utilities installed—and without any monthly bills. A propane delivery service can typically reach even the most remote rural areas.
2. To heat any home – Even if you live in the heart of a city or in the suburbs, propane can be a great choice for heating your home. Propane is an extremely cost-effective fuel compared to natural gas, and if your home is heated by propane, you can cancel your gas bill.
3. For cooking – Many people prefer a propane powered stove for a variety of reasons. Like a gas stove, it gives you the power and control of a real open flame on the range. If your home currently has an electric range stove and you’re thinking of switching to natural gas, think again—it can be incredibly expensive to run a new gas line to your kitchen. But installation of a propane stove is typically inexpensive and easy, and with a propane delivery service, you’ll never have to think about refilling.
4. So you’ll never run out of power – This is perhaps the top reason that so many people want a propane delivery service. You can switch to a single small propane generator as soon as the power goes out, meaning that you never have to worry about blackouts again. This is great not only for convenience, but also for safety, allowing you to keep phones charged and communications running during a severe weather emergency. Where diesel-powered generators are loud, dirty, and require trips to the gas station, a propane delivery service means you always have the fuel you need for your generator.
Do you have a propane delivery service?
Propane is one of the best in-home fuels, and has been touted for years as a low-cost, reliable option for heating. And more and more people are looking into residential propane service. Why? Here are five of the biggest reasons:
1. It’s environmentally friendly – Propane is actually an incredibly earth-friendly fuel. In the U.S., the Environmental Protection Agency has ruled that propane gas is a non-contaminant. It is non-toxic and non-caustic, meaning it’s safe to handle and be around, and it does not pollute the air, the land or your groundwater—neither in its gas form, nor during burning. In fact, many localities consider propane a green energy.
2. It’s affordable – In addition to being environmentally friendly, propane is a relatively inexpensive fuel to use. A residential propane service can often deliver propane to your home and keep your tank refilled for less than the cost of competing fuels such as oil. Propane burning devices are also competitively priced and reliable. Considering its tremendous versatility, propane is one of the best investments you can make in your home.
3. Propane heat is highly efficient – When you’re heating your home in the winter, you want to get the most out of your fuel. If any of it is wasted, it means you are throwing money away. Propane burners are among the most efficient heaters possible, typically using their fuel with over 90% efficiency. As a comparison, oil heaters run at around 80% efficiency. Oil heaters also tend to lose efficiency throughout the season, unless they receive continuous maintenance, whereas clean-burning propane keeps its efficiency long term. Considering that oil typically costs more to start with, is there any good reason not to go with propane?
4. Propane heat warms you up more, faster – The intense warmth that comes from a propane heater makes a noticeable difference when you need to warm up fast. There’s nothing worse than coming in from a cold day, cranking up the heat in the house… and still feeling cold for a half hour or an hour more. You’ll notice that most thermostats max out at less than 100 degrees, but the hot air created by a propane heating system can come out at up to 120 degrees. That means you can choose to make your home toasty warm in minutes.
5. Propane makes an easy add-on – One of the benefits to residential propane service is that it’s easy to install at low cost. For instance, let’s say you install an outdoor hot tub or want your pool heated. Do you really want to pay thousands of dollars to have gas or electric extended out to the yard? A propane heating unit can be installed cheaply and a residential propane service means it will never run out of fuel.
Do you have a residential propane service?
If you live in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, then you’ve seen plenty of propane delivery service trucks go by. Propane is a major fuel source around the County, but if you don’t use propane yourself, you might wonder why everyone else is so keen. Here are a few of the reasons:
- Quick & Easy Heat – Winters get cold in Montgomery County, and propane helps keep construction companies and other businesses running. Any time there is a temporary work site in cold weather, it’s more cost effective to bring in a propane heating unit than it is to install permanent heating. Construction workers can have propane heat on-site and many warehouses and industrial sites use the substance, as well. It’s a cheap, effective way to keep workers warm.
- Restaurants Love Propane – Many restaurants use propane stoves and other propane-powered appliances. Propane burners can provide tremendous heat to rapidly warm up fryers, as well as a good steady flame for grills and stovetop ranges. Perhaps most importantly, propane is a cost effective solution that doesn’t require expensive gas installation for an entire commercial kitchen.
- Auto Propane Gas – You may not realize it, but there are millions of propane-powered vehicles on our roads today. While propane consumer vehicles are rare, many businesses prefer propane for their fleets because it burns cleaner, requires less maintenance, and brings down the overhead costs. Montgomery County is no exception, with plenty of businesses fielding propane powered vehicles.
- Power Generators – This is the most popular consumer use for propane. Montgomery County residents like to be self-sufficient, and that means having your own power supply. Propane electric generators are inexpensive and easy to operate. Some families have them on hand in case of a blackout, while others use propane to generate electricity in cabins off the grid. It makes a huge difference in comfort when hunting, camping or fishing. Propane power can also supplement solar panels for an off-the-grid, earth-friendly combo.
- In Home Use – Many Montgomery County homeowners prefer propane as their winter fuel of choice because it is cheap, it works well, and they don’t have to keep paying a utility bill when they’re not using it in the summer.
These are just a few of the reasons why people love propane in Montgomery County. Every year, more residents and businesses are switching to propane for these and other uses, and the trend shows no signs of stopping. Do you use propane? What do you use it for?